Thursday, July 10, 2008

Disable SQL Auto Recovery

If you Google a feature of a product and the first 50 hits are from people asking how to disable it, you know you have found a turkey.
This 'feature' has caused my sanity to leak at an alarming rate as I wait for slow connections to do... what exactly (I do not know)


Michael Zilberstein SQL Server Blog : Saving Auto Recovery Information

Go to Registry and change to 0 (zero) value of the following key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\Shell\General\AutoRecover\AutoRecover Enabled

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you, my friend
i am peruvian and this solution not is in spanish.

daspeac said...

I have heard about another way of repairing corrupt sql 200 not connect. Besides, you can visit my blogs at: http://daspeac.livejournal.com/ or http://daspeac.blogspot.com/ where I’m trying to share my experience with regard to data corruption issues.

Alex said...

sql database repair can repair mdf files after various issues such as power failures, viruses. It works with invalid .mdf files on all Windows OS. The application can view restored mdf files from any version of SQL Server data.

Post a Comment